Dr. Pavlo Nikolaienko
AdresseForschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Helmholtz Institute Erlangen-Nürnberg for Renewable Energy
My research interests are linked with development of new and optimizing existing electrochemical synthetic methods for organic compounds. Exceptional tunability of electrosynthetic approach followed by homo- and heterogeneous catalysis “tool-box“ leads to wide virtual structural diversity of requested molecules.
Here at HiERN, due to modern “carbon-neutral energy pool“ concept, my investigations are focused on the synthetic transformation of biogenic carbon feedstocks, including carbon dioxide, into novel molecules with desired properties to be used as fuels. The task requires rigorous search for suitable catalyst by the high-throughput strategy. The possibility to integrate the optimized chemical reactions into continuous-flow process is also planned to be examined.
- 2019- Research Scientist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 2016-2018 Postdoctoral Fellow, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- 2011-2016 PhD in Organic Chemistry, Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule, Aachen, Germany
- 2010-2011 M.Sc. in Quality, Standardization and Certification, National University of Pharmacy, Kharkiv, Ukraine
- 2003-2008 B.Sc. in Chemistry and M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine