- Since 2021: Head of Team Composite Membrane Analysis and Design at Helmholtz-Institute Erlangen-Nürnberg for Renewable Energy
- 2021: Doctorate with distinction (Dr.-Ing.), Microscopic characterization of ion exchange polymers for fuel cells and water electrolyzers, at the technical faculty of FAU Erlangen
- 2019 - 2021: PhD student at FAU Erlangen (continued)
- 2017 - 2018: PhD student at IMTEK, University of Freiburg
- 2015 - 2017: Study of Molecular Medicine, Ulm University (M.Sc.)
- 2011 - 2015: Study of Molecular Medicine, Ulm University (B.Sc.)
Dr. Thomas Böhm
Head of Team "Composite Membrane Analysis and Design"
Building HIERN-Cauerstr / Room 4009
Imaging and spectroscopy for material characterization
We focus on various methods to understand the interplay between material properties and device performance of single-cell electrochemical energy conversion devices. My main research interest is developing and applying 2D and 3D imaging and spectroscopy approaches to gain in-depth knowledge about polymer electrolyte membranes.