Selected publications on PEM water electrolysis
· Essentials of High Performance Water Electrolyzers–From Catalyst Layer Materials to Electrode Engineering, C.V. Pham, D. Escalera‐López, K. Mayrhofer, S. Cherevko, S. Thiele, Adv. Energy Mater. 11 (44) (2021), 2101998.
· On the Correlation between the Oxygen in Hydrogen Content and the Catalytic Activity of Cathode Catalysts in PEM Water Electrolysis, A. Martin, P. Trinke, C. V. Pham, M. Bühler, M. Bierling, P.K.R. Holzapfel, B. Bensmann, S. Thiele, R. H. Rauschenbach, J. Electrochem. Soc. 168 (11) (2021), 114513.
· C.V. Pham*, M. Bühler, J. Knöppel, M. Bierling, D. Seeberger, D. Escalera-López, K. J.J. Mayrhofer, S. Cherevko, S. Thiele, IrO2 coated TiO2 core-shell microparticles advance performance of low loading proton exchange membrane water electrolyzers, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 269 (2020) 118762.
· Fabrication of a Robust PEM Water Electrolyzer Based on Non‐Noble Metal Cathode Catalyst: [Mo3S13]2− Clusters Anchored to N‐Doped Carbon Nanotubes, PKR Holzapfel, M Bühler, D Escalera‐López, M Bierling, FD Speck, K. JJ Mayrhofer, S. Cherevko, C. V. Pham*, S. Thiele, Small 16 (37) (2020), 2003161.
· P. Holzapfel, M. Bühler, C. V. Pham, F. Hegge, T. Böhm, D. McLaughlin, M. Breitwieser, S. Thiele, Directly coated membrane electrode assemblies for proton exchange membrane water electrolysis, Electrochemistry Communications, 110 (2020) 1066402.
Selected publications on polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cells
· C. V. Pham, B. Britton, T. Böhm, S. Holdcroft, S. Thiele, Doped, Defect‐Enriched Carbon Nanotubes as an Efficient Oxygen Reduction Catalyst for Anion Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells, Adv. Mater. Interfaces, 5 (2018), 1800184
· C. V. Pham, M. Klingele, B. Britton, K. Rao Vuyyuru, T. Unmuessig, S. Holdcroft, A. Fischer, S. Thiele, Tri-doped reduced graphene oxide as a metal-free catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction demonstrated in acidic and alkaline polymer electrolyte fuel cells, Advanced Sustainable Systems, 1 (5) (2017), 1600038.
Selected publications on nanomaterials science
· C.V. Pham, M. Eck, M. Krueger, Thiol functionalized reduced graphene oxide as a base material for novel graphene-nanoparticle hybrid composites, Chem. Eng. J. 231 (2013) 146–154.
· C.V. Pham, S. Repp, R. Thomann, M. Krueger, S. Weber, E. Erdem, Charge transfer and surface defect healing within ZnO nanoparticle decorated graphene hybrid materials, Nanoscale 8 (2016) 9682–9687.
· C.V. Pham, M. Krueger, M. Eck, S. Weber, E. Erdem, Comparative electron paramagnetic resonance investigation of reduced graphene oxide and carbon nanotubes with different chemical functionalities for quantum dot attachment, Appl. Phys. Lett., 104 (2014) 132102.
· M. Eck, C.V. Pham, S. Züfle, M. Neukom, M. Sessler, D. Scheunemann, E. Erdem, S. Weber, H. Borchert, B. Ruhstaller, M. Krüger, Improved efficiency of bulk heterojunction hybrid solar cells by utilizing CdSe quantum dot-graphene nanocomposites, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 16 (2014) 12251–12260.