Master Thesis: "Development of new membrane materials based on functionalized polynorbornenes synthesized by vinyl addition polymerization for electrochemical energy applications“
- Development of novel technologies such as fuel cells, electrolysis and redox-flow batteries for renewable energy processes to decarbonize the society.
- Synthesis of polymeric materials, which are used as ion-conductive polymers and membranes in the abovementioned electrochemical processes.
- At HI ERN the team „Membrane Processing and Synthesis“ is executing research on novel polymeric materials.
- Synthesis of norbornene derivatives with functional side chains and polymerization to ionomers
- Characterization by state-of-the-art methods of polymer chemistry
- Membrane processing and electrochemical characterization
- An excellent, international, and interdisciplinary working environment with leading experts in the fields of research.
- Flexibility to shape the master thesis’ topic to applicants interests and qualifications.
- Training in polymer chemistry and membrane processing/characterization for fuel cell and electrolysis applications.
We are looking for
- Highly motivated students in chemistry, chemical engineering or materials science.
- Students with very good knowledge in organic chemistry. Additionally, practical experience in a chemistry lab is required.
- Basic knowledge of polymer chemistry would be an advantage. Initial experience in electrochemistry would be beneficial.
You are interested?
Please write a short mail with a CV and your transcript of records attached to:
Last Modified: 30.09.2022